Monday, July 1, 2013

Promise me

At last I came.
 Do you remember our promise?
Meet my groom
But where is lepo?
Alas!  You broke the promise.

I recall
                                                           On the night of July, I abandoned you.
Summer pass by, winter came along….
Night were wild and day were dull
Years and decade past
But I never return to you.
My heart bleated, when I heard of you.
Your wind cheered me
Your snow with I still know
On Your summer grassland, my imagination slept.

 Again on the night this July
 I am going to abandon you.
Afterwards, I will never return to you.
And betray you
Yet, I know you will never abandon me
And punish me for what I am doing.
So, promise me
On the night of this June
 Years from now, when I am dying.
Come to take me on your laps
I was born on them.
I prefer death on them.



 Above poem is about  a man (narrator) who returned to his birthplace after years or decade later.
In first stanza-  the narrator is asking his birthplace whether she has retained her promise, they kept during their separation, that she will preserve snow leopard and he will bring his groom to show her when he gets married.
In the second stanza- he is recalling about the day he left his birthplace and how he past those years away from her.
My heart bleated, when I heard of you.
Your wind cheered me
Your snow with I still know
On Your summer grassland, my imagination slept.
In the middle of second stanza, he has confessed that, though for these many years he never returned to his birthplace yet when something bad comes up, his heart cried plaintively.
He talked about when he became upset how the wind of his birthplace reminded him of the old days and cheered him,  ‘and how with the snow of his birthplace his identity get reflect to others.
In the third stanza, a man is talking about the future, that on the night of July he is going to leave her again.

So, promise me
On the night of this June
 Years from now, when I am dying.
Come to take me on your laps
I was born on them.
I prefer death on them.

But he is asking to promise her,  to his birthplace ‘come to take him when he dies, after some years from now. He first breathed there and so he wanted to breathe his last breath there. 

No comments:

Post a Comment