Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Tibetan DIARY

Whenever, I read an anthropological literature/ethnography I get amazed by its minute detail accounts of people and their cultural aspects, whom anthropologists studies! Since past couple of days I am reading this book titled "Tibetan Diary:from birth to death and beyond in a Himalayan valley of Nepal", while reading this book and specially it's chapter on 'family needs versus spiritual deeds' which contradicts Tibetan Buddhist's cosmology and worldly existence, which author shows through biographical anecdote of Pema Dondrop, yet again let me dwell to my child memories and my existential crisis. Which to my reflection on my past life as child I was eager to ordain to be monk and endeavor to seek spiritual life apart from mundane life. However, I am not sure of it now whether my childhood desire/willingness was my innate pursuit or culturally conditioned but whenever I ponder about life rather I will say life style of living at this age I still opt to live a spiritual life. In a way this days, I find myself comply to Buddhist tradition and their teaching which says that 'when we came to realize that suffering is based on our failure to understand the true nature of human existence'. This pursuit of mine is taking me to understanding the true nature of human existence which I tend to seek through spiritual life!






"One of things i cherished about our meting was that sometimes with our fellow friend, a lot of chat becomes about money and business. With Nyima we didn't talk about those things. We talked about books, idea, politics, language and world at large. it was sort of conversation you fantasize having with people you admire."

No comments:

Post a Comment